Friday 11 February 2011

Enigma Quadzilla Day 2 2011

Day 2
Well I did the 7 laps of the lake today. Before the start it was sunny, but the clouds came over and it rained for about a lap and then my last lap was sunny. Contrary to what I had expected, I enjoyed the laps. I think its seeing so many of the other runners as you lap them or they lap you.
I could see that a time under 4hr 30 was feasible for most of the race, but I had to push hard at the end to get it and I did by 12 seconds ! Cutting it just a little fine. However pushing it when you have another marathon the next day is probably not too wise and I felt very stiff this evening.
I am going to try and take it easy tomorrow. There is a choice of laps or the canal tomorrow, but as I did the laps about 75min faster than the canal, I'm going for the laps. I might take the option of the 8.00 start as I have the long drive home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment