Friday 23 September 2011

Great Barrow Challenge Day 3 2011

Day 3
After the first day I felt sore and stiff and I wondered if I would recover in time for Day 2. I did recover and Day 2 went reasonably well. After Day 2, I felt very good indeed and I thought that Day 3 would not be too hard.
It was hard. There was much more road than the previous two days, even more than I had expected, as a change to the route meant even less offroad. The route was mainly on quiet country roads, which rolled a bit, but nothing too serious. There were only one of two straight sections, which was a relief. As the day went on, it got hotter. Before we got back into Barrow we had a three mile offroad section. I liked that and moved much better. We also ran through a deer farm which was something I had not seen before.
I finished in 5hr15 so 5 minutes slower than Day 2, but I wasn't too concerned, I was just happy to have finished !

No comments:

Post a Comment