Thursday 22 September 2011

Great Barrow Challenge Day 2 2011

Day 2
Day 2 about 4m.Last night my legs very stiff and sore after Day 1, but I woke on Day 2 feeling not too bad. Today's route was to the east towards Bury St Edmunds and it had much more twists and turns than Day 1. The organisers had gone to town with flags and markers to make sure we didn't go wrong.
There were more rolling hills today and the sun was out, so I was a bit slower 5hr10min, but I enjoyed the countryside much more. We ran through Ickworth Park which was the grounds of an old country house. It was a lovely place to run, if you are ever near Bury St Edmunds, its is well worth a visit. We then crossed a few fields and entered Nowton Park, more like a city park, but large parts were just left to grow wild. Then it was some road and trail sections before we got back to Ickworth Park again.
The only part of the route I didn't like was a section about 22m where we ran along a section of road which had lots of trucks. We then had the same finish as yesterday with those two hills in the last two miles....
I feel much less sore than I did last night, so I am hoping that Day 3 to the south goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment