Sunday 5 August 2012

Dovedale Dipper 26m 2012

Yesterday we went to do the Newcastle parkrun to see Chris and Caroline Renton. It was good to see them both for a catch up. We ran with PenW and it was great to chat with her.

We headed off soon after the finish and dove down to Matlock and had a look around the town before heading off to our night's accommodation.

Up early and on to Hartington for my second Dovedale Dipper. Plenty of people I knew there and chatted to them and some other runners. Started at 10 and we noticed fairly quickly that the ground was pretty wet and it was much muddier than last year. We were making good progress, but just after the steep hill at 15m I started to get cramps in both calves. I slowed down and walked more. It had started to rain in the second half and it was pretty heavy in places. MelanieLH was getting cold so she went on to keep herself warm. She did great on her second marathon and finished just under 6hr. I struggled, the calf cramps seemed to have taken lots of energy out of my legs. But I made it, 6hr 25min.

Hopefully it should go better next week

No comments:

Post a Comment